Capital Trees Job Opening
POSITION: Program and Outreach Manager
ABOUT CAPITAL TREES:
Capital Trees is an urban greening organization. We create and advocate for public landscapes that build and strengthen community. Operating in the City of Richmond, Virginia and founded in 2010, we are a non-profit organization committed to strengthening the connections between people and nature. Our projects include the 14th Street Corridor, Great Shiplock Park, The Low Line and the Low Line Green. We have raised and invested close to $2.1 million in these projects over the last decade.
We believe that through public/private partnerships, we can increase the opportunities for our citizens to engage with accessible, environmentally stable, safe green places throughout the city. We are proud to work closely with the City of Richmond and private and public funders to ensure our work continues to enhance our natural environment and our public policy around green infrastructure.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position advances the organization’s mission and capacity through a combination of administrative, development, and outreach support. The position reports to — and works closely with — the Executive Director to promote the organization’s assets and mission by creating and connecting to community partners and donors, managing volunteer engagement, enhancing the organization’s outreach, identifying and developing new funding opportunities, serving as the staff liaison to Board Committees while supporting the Executive Director. Works with creative firms to produce Capital Trees brand-related and fund development materials. Development experience around data management systems is highly valued.
- Assists with the planning and execution of events and work days
- Identifies and monitors like-minded organizations for potential partnership opportunities
- Willing to work with and/or create partnerships that expand our mission, work and stakeholder value and investment
- Ability to manage project-related tasks and responsibilities
- Works with Projects Committee to initiate and execute contracts with vendors as needed
- Builds and manages the volunteer maintenance program for Capital Trees
- Works with the Executive Director to explore new audiences and opportunities for current programs
- Builds strategic relationships and attends relevant community meetings, councils, roundtables, committees, networking events, etc.
- Manages all external inquiries for tours, speaking engagements and opportunities to promote the organization’s mission and public-facing activities; schedules and conducts tours
- Creates and gives presentations and/or speaking engagements
- Proactively schedules tours for community outreach
- Assists the Executive Director with the creation and implementation of Capital Trees’ Development Plan
- With the Administrative Director, works with Little Green Light Donor database and helps update when necessary, generates reports and other development information as necessary. Will develop a proficiency with the software and management of the database.
- Maintains the database of Foundation research and grants, including grant research.
- Serves as the staff liaison to all Board committees
- Provides a bi-weekly report of activities to the Executive Director that connects and tracks deadline, work flow and daily work.
Marketing and Communications
- With the CT Communication Coordinator and Executive Director, oversees/manages social media accounts on a day-to-day basis to create a consistent and engaging online presence on Facebook, Instagram and other platforms
- Produces a monthly Communications Report for the Board
- Updates and maintains the WordPress website
- Manages and assists with production of brand and development related communications and materials
- Strong written and verbal communication skills plus a passion for Capital Trees’ mission are required. Experience working with non-profits a plus, as is the desire to connect with other individuals and organizations to create valuable and relevant partnerships. Must be comfortable presenting and interacting with high-level donors as well as volunteers and key stakeholders. The Candidate should be pro-active, a self-starter and comfortable working unsupervised. A spirit of innovation, energy and creativity is a plus. Candidate should be highly organized, hard-working, be highly digitally-skilled and proficient in social media platforms as well as data management systems. Multi-tasking, ability and willingness to work independently and take responsibility for projects and tasks are key components to this position. Sense of humor highly valued. References required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via mail or email to:
Deadline for Application is September 15, 2020.
No phone calls please.