End of Year Reflections, Pt 2: Project Focused
Capital Trees entered 2022 focused on the future through strategic planning. In June 2022, Capital Trees adopted a 3-year strategic plan that sets three program areas of focus: Build, Manage, Educate along with internal strategic focus areas to strengthen the organization and ensure its long-term viability. Board and staff recommitted to our mission: Building public landscapes. Enriching the community. We accomplish this mission by:
- Collaborating to design, permit, fund, restore, enhance, build, and maintain high quality, environmentally beneficial, connective urban public landscapes throughout Richmond.
- Educating the public on the use and value of public landscapes.
- Operating collaboratively and efficiently with community stakeholders and the City of Richmond.
As we prioritize new projects and initiatives, we hope that our work will have the following outcomes in the communities we serve:
- improve physical and mental health,
- benefit the environment,
- beautify and/or enhance a public landscape
- enhance the community by connecting people with places, people with people, and people with nature,
- provide horticultural stewardship, or
- stimulate economic development.
We can only accomplish this work with your support. Thank you for contributions and volunteer service this year.